We have two School Councils at West Blatchington Primary School, one for the infants and one for the juniors. Each half term we meet up as one school council. Representatives are selected by the children in each class.
The School Council's representatives speak with their classmates and then take their views to the Council meetings. In each class we hold class councils in which we discuss issues to do with the school. There is also a School Council suggestion box, for children in the class to share their ideas. These ideas go into the School Council book.
As School Council representatives we try to:
- Make the school a better place.
- Share ideas.
- Listen to everyone’s ideas.
- Help the people in West Blatchington Primary School.
- Raise money for charity.
- Make lessons fun.
This year we have:
- Raised money for Children in Need by coming up with the idea to dress up as our Learning Heroes for the day.
- We have helped to design and create the anti-bullying policy.
- We have been discussing ways to keep our roads safe.