Our Fantastic Facilities
At West Blatchington Primary & Nursery School we are dedicated to developing children's skills and values for lifelong learning and the school was heavily involved in designing our new building, which opened in April 2019. The redevelopment of the school site also delivered a permanent new home for King’s School, which opened in September 2019.
At West Blatchington Primary & Nursery School we have outstanding teachers, strong and experienced support staff and now we have first rate facilities to match!
The new building features;
- A dedicated and sound proofed music practice room
- Music practice room for instrumental lessons
- Specialist cookery teaching room
- Larger and better equipped ICT suite
- Early years and key stage 1 library
- Key stage 2 library
- Sports hall
- PE changing rooms
- Meeting room
- Colourful, soft surface outdoor areas for nursery and reception with tracks for cycles and scooters.
- Our much loved wildlife garden is retained
Rachel Simmonds, Executive Headteacher, said “The new build enables us to be at the forefront in providing the highest quality education and presents opportunities for both pupils and the wider community”.
The new building enables the school to be truly inclusive, with all year groups (including the nursery and ASC unit) housed under the same roof. The modern and efficient building has been designed to inspire and instil pride across the whole school community and empowers the school to deliver the highest quality of education in a stimulating environment for many generations to come.